Sunday, June 1, 2008

Jayla's BirthMother's Story

Jayla and Chauntel at her wedding years ago.

My name is Chauntel and I wanted to share a little bit of my story with you. In March of 2008 I found out I was pregnant because of circumstances I could not control. As you can imagine the news at that time was devastating but I never knew such wonderful things would come from it. Not being at fault helped me to know that adoption might be the best option for my child.

When you start to consider adoption you seek to find comfort that it is the right decision. After many tears and deliberation I started to look at adoption profiles of many couples. There were so many wonderful couples and it was hard to know which couple would be the best for me and my child. Michael and Kristen were one of the first couples I picked and I always felt a close connection with them. Through many tears, prayers, and fasting I couldn’t ignore the connection I had with them even though I hadn’t decided on a couple yet. I finally followed my heart and decided on adoption even though I was still struggling with knowing if that was the right choice.

I felt the love and compassion that Michael and Kristen had for me as the birth mother and through their kind responses to my e-mails I knew they would be the best parents for my baby. I then set up a time to meet with them and the minute they walked in the door there was tears and hugs and I knew they loved and respected me and would help me through my hardships. Never once did I feel they would judge or be critical of me and through these past years I have never felt anything but love from them.

From the beginning Michael and Kristen have made it very clear that my little girl would know of me and my story and how much I love and care for her, they also have always been concerned with my well-being. Those two days at the hospital were the happiest days of my life and I would do anything to go back to spend that time again with my little girl. During and after placement I was still struggling with my decision but I followed through with it because in my heart I knew Michael and Kristen were right for me and my baby.

Now looking back over the past years many things have confirmed to me that the decision I made was right. Michael and Kristen and their family have helped me to heal and have been better parents than I could have ever imagined for my child. I wouldn’t have been able to make this journey with out them. They are my angels and I will always be grateful unto them for this. I want them to know I love and appreciate them and all they do for Jayla and for me. I will always admire them for the sacrifices they have made for us. From the bottom of my heart …

Love, Chauntel

No comments: