Sunday, June 1, 2008

About Kristen

Age: 36
Occupation: Stay at home mom (chauffeur, cook, doctor, psychologist, soccer coach, teacher, maid, activities coordinator, photographer, decorator and party planner) and a retired Newborn Intensive Care Registered Nurse
Education: A.S. (Snow College 2004), B.S. in Nursing (UVU 2006)
Ancestry:
Caucasian-Great Britain 

Interests and Hobbies:
Sports: Soccer, Running, Snowboarding, Wake boarding, Softball, Racquetball, Dancing

Outdoors: Boating, Hiking, Camping, ATV riding, Fishing, Going for Walks, Traveling/Site Seeing

Crafts: Sewing, Cross-Stitching, Quilting, Cooking, Photography

Miscellaneous: Reading, Animals, Movies, Singing, Listening to Music, Blogging, Shopping, Having Fun With Family and my favorite is playing with the kids.

Background

I grew up on a dairy farm in Mapleton, Utah. We had a dog, some chickens, the occasional pig and about 200 cows. When growing up one of my favorite things to do was to play on the farm. My brothers, sister and I would build huts in the hay and cotton seed. I would play house in them with my little sister. I also played a lot of sports since I had two older brothers and two boy cousins who lived across the street from us. We had so much fun. I also remember going fishing a lot with my dad, his favorite past time. As a kid I did it all. Piano, dance, choir, softball, basketball, swimming, and soccer. My mom was good to let me try new things. She even coached me in most of those sports even though she never really played any of them. Those are some of my fondest memories. I plan on doing this with our own kids.

In high school I focused mainly on soccer, track, grades and having fun with my friends. I was never one to sit home on a Friday night. I didn't want to miss out on any of the fun. We always came up with something crazy to do.


I am the third child of four. I have 2 older brothers. Nathan, the oldest, has a little boy and a little girl. Lincoln also has a boy and a girl just younger than Nathan's kids. My younger sister Brittany is attending college right now waiting for the perfect man to catch her eye. We all live within 1 hour of each other so we are able to get together often. My parents, Clark and Cindy, still live in the same house that I grew up in.

My dad is intelligent and loves working with his hands. In his spare time he builds furniture, and canoes. His favorite things to do include: going fishing, boating, ATVing, and playing with his grandchildren. The whole time growing up I only saw my father loose his temper a couple of times. He is humble and is a hard worker who loves to joke around with family members and he has been a good example to me throughout my life.

My mom Cindy grew up in Iowa where she joined the church and then came to BYU where she found my dad. After they got married she quite school to raise her family. Now that she has an empty nest she works at a hospital on the orthopedic floor. Her personality is very much like mine. She is a hard worker, driven, organized, very service oriented and loves to make people happy. She is a very respected nurse at the hospital because she goes above and beyond what is required of her. She likes to go to movies, shop, decorate her home, go walking in the mountains, boating, ATVing, traveling and playing with the grandkids.

My family is very excited that Jayla, Jessa and Kellan are a part of our lives and they are excited that we would like to adopt again. Especially since we know the real reason why they started visiting us more often since our kids joined our family.

Michael talking about Kristen...

Let me tell you a little bit about my beautiful wife Kristen. Kristen is simply a wonderful person. She cares about others and is constantly looking for ways to help others or include those left out of any situation. This loving and caring attitude made her an instant hit with my brothers and sisters. She is also very intelligent. My family often calls her for help with sicknesses since she is an excellent nurse. This really comes in handy with the kids. If they are ever feeling a little under the weather "nurse mommy" comes to the rescue. I could not ask for a better caregiver for our children (or myself, for that matter). She is always working very hard to make our household run like a finely tuned machine. Kristen is a very active person. She loves sports, working out, or going for a run. I often have a hard time keeping up. She makes me laugh like no one else can. I often find myself laughing about something she did or said days or weeks ago. She has made my life better in every way and I don't know what I would do without her.







Kristen grew up with her 2 older brothers and her younger sister on a dairy farm just outside of the city. She was one of the few lucky girls that got a taste of both country and city life, so she feels very comfortable no matter where she finds herself. From what I've been told she was quite the little terror growing up. She tried her best to run the farm. As she got older she was very active in the community, school, and athletics. She excelled at soccer and started varsity in high school as a Junior and Senior. I loved watching her play for the Snow College Badgers when we were dating. She definitely has a feisty side when she gets out on the field.




Kristen is an excellent mother. She loves finding new activities for the kids to keep them entertained. She is always reading and singing primary songs to our kids or taking them somewhere for an afternoon of fun. She is always trying to teach them new skills, words, or tricks. She loves being a mom! Her favorite thing to do is to play with Jayla, Jessa, Mikey, Kellan and Quinton.